Fans of the recent canceled ABC program Last Man Standing may have some hope this Friday Eve(pun intended).
20th Century Fox Television the studio who produces popular program told Variety Magazine Thursday(May 18th). Asked by the magazine whether “Last Man Standing” would be shopped to other networks; studio Co-president Howard Kurtzman said “We’re starting to explore that. If it’s not going to go forward at ABC, of course Jonnie and I are hopeful that we can find another home for it.” Kurtzman’s counter-part Jonnie Davis said, “We know how passionate our fans are, and we’re seeing that now.”
“Political and social conservatives have been vocal in their disappointment over the show’s end. Allen, its star, and executive producer is conservative and a supporter of President Trump” says Daniel Holloway Senior TV Reporter at Variety Magazine.
Tim Allen expressed his feels on Twitter May 16th saying that he was “Stunned and blindsided by the network I called home for the last six years.
Season Six of Last Man Standing averaged a 1.2 rating and 6.4 million total viewers, according to Nielsen live-plus-same-day numbers.
This happens as CBS has canceled Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders last week over what critics have called the “xenophobic premise of Americans encountering problems abroad.” as reported yesterday by the Miller News Service(see article:‘Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders canceled due to Political Correctness!).
So will Last Man Standing make a come back; keep reading the Miller News Service as this story develops!
Source: Variety Magazine
© 2017 Miller News Service